Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Expierence Lerouge Design (Freydis/Soubise)?

Default Re: Expierence Lerouge Design (Freydis/Soubise)?

Congratulations - I really like them. Seem to be an excellent boat from all reports.

Good decision Jan, my best wishes for happy and fast sailing.

Hopefully we will get to see you and the boat somewhere up here in the Baltic?

Are you coming to the IMM in Copenhagen next weekend?

regards

Alan

Thumbs up Re: Expierence Lerouge Design (Freydis/Soubise)?

Quote Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
    Good decision Jan, my best wishes for happy and fast sailing.

Hopefully we will get to see you and the boat somewhere up here in the Baltic?

Are you coming to the IMM in Copenhagen next weekend?

regards

Alan
    Hi Alan!

We are really hot to sail her. Right now we organise last details and transfer to north/baltic sea. Next season we will sail in baltic sea.

IMM Copenhagen is not on our agenda as to other priorities right now. But probably next year.

regards Jan

If you come to the south part of sjælland, let me know. I would love to see your boat.

Alan

Hi and congratulations to Jan,

There is another Freydis 46 in Denmark in south of Kopenhagen (Hundige.)

Welcome to Lerouge world!!!

There is a boat show in La Rochelle in September.
    I would do some pictures.

best regards

Pierre

I've just discovered and joined the forum. I own the Freydis 46 Snow Leopard.

Someone was saying they could not access our blog. Try http://blog.mailasail.com/snowleopard

Not much happening at the moment as boat laid up in Grenada whilst we are back in UK for a while. However I have put on some photos of the boat, both exterior and interior.

Regarding performance: everything we wanted - a fast safe comfortable cruising cat. Cruises comfotably at 10 -12 knots all day long (we have done several 240 miles/day runs) and current maximum is 21 Knots (fast enough for anyone). Perhaps more important is the fact that we have had no scares in the 10,000 miles since we launched a year ago. Just reassuringly strong and comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
    I've just discovered and joined the forum. I own the Freydis 46 Snow Leopard.

Someone was saying they could not access our blog. Try http://blog.mailasail.com/snowleopard

Not much happening at the moment as boat laid up in Grenada whilst we are back in UK for a while. However I have put on some photos of the boat, both exterior and interior.

Regarding performance: everything we wanted - a fast safe comfortable cruising cat. Cruises comfotably at 10 -12 knots all day long (we have done several 240 miles/day runs) and current maximum is 21 Knots (fast enough for anyone). Perhaps more important is the fact that we have had no scares in the 10,000 miles since we launched a year ago. Just reassuringly strong and comfortable.
    Hi Snow Leopard!

I have had problems to get into your blog. But is working now and looks good.

Your experience sounds very positive and is in line with feedback I got from other owners. After having signed buying contract some days ago, we are now looking forward to make own experience. We will set up blog/website during next months to share our impressions.

Regards Jan

If you come to the south part of sjælland, let me know. I would love to see your boat.

Alan
    Alan, we are looking for berth in Warnemünde during 2010. For sure we will meet during next summer season in Danmark!

Jan

Hi everybody!

During requested survey the expert found humidity as well in hull as in deck areas.

We step back from buying our target boat and will look for another one. Such is life and now the search goes on!

Jan

Jan,

What a pity for you and your plans!

Where was this Freydis located?
    Roger

------------------
    I look to the future, because that's where I am going to spend the rest of my life - George Burns

Quote Originally Posted by multihullsailor6 View Post
    Jan,

What a pity for you and your plans!

Where was this Freydis located?
    Such is life! It was located in France (med coast / Port St. Louis).

Sag news Jan, but good that your surveyor was on the ball....

Something good if not better will surely come along. Good luck in your search.

Alan

Jan,

Have you considered or had a look at the (older-style) Freydis lying in Tunisia?
    Roger

------------------
    I look to the future, because that's where I am going to spend the rest of my life - George Burns

Thanks for the link to the Gifi photos Pierre. This was my dream boat a few years ago!

Is she still called Gifi? She was for sale a couple of years ago, for around 700.000,- € as far as I remember.

This is an extended Freydis 46 , and came in second I think in the race from France to Canada (I think). This was a singlehanded race. Is this correct?

Alan
    If she is from 2003 it is for sale again. Now better price 350 000 euro.

Quote Originally Posted by multihullsailor6 View Post
    Jan,

Have you considered or had a look at the (older-style) Freydis lying in Tunisia?
    Yes, I know the boat and have seen it personally when visiting another one in Tunesia. My thaughts: To old! I'm worried about major maintance costs. Also old concept is not what I'm looking for.

I will not invest in more than 6-8 years old boat as to my expierence the increase in maintance will a lot. This is not only question of costs but alos if you want to handle such issues.

Gifi is also ad fair value on sale. But it is to much racer. I really want the cruising option.

Jan

Hi everybody,

here the last informations concerning Barramundi 470.

http://www.lerouge-yachts.com/cat_15.htm

regards

pierre

Hi All,

My Darling and I are considering the purchase of a catamaran for extended cruising and found this thread recently. I notice there hasn't been much conversation since mid to late 2009 and wonder what progress if any other members have made with their efforts to purchase either Freydis or Baramundi designs?

We're both Kiwi's, I have done a number of monohull ocean racing miles and spent many hours on the weather rail discussing life the universe and everything, though I have to say not for some years. We would like to move to a more stable platform for our formative years in the cruising world, however don't want to altogether give up the joy of a blast down the coast on a warm night with a firm breeze and a full genaker.

So what news, please?

Cheers
    Gaz

18. Default Re: Expierence Lerouge Design (Freydis/Soubise)?

Dear All

Don't forget us (BARRAMUNDI boatyard Ltd) when you are talking LeRouge disigns
    We must be teh yard having the most in construction at the same time with 4 boats being made at the moment
    The difference between us and the others :
    We don't only make the dising but also respect the weight that Erik foresees for his boats
    We can do this becouse we make the baots totaley out of Epoxy and Herex
    So much lighter and stronger
    If you want more info yust send me your mail adress via the Web site and we will send you the information
    www.barramundi-catamarans.com (is under construction but you can still have a look)

Quote Originally Posted by jh14129 View Post
    Hi Pierre!

I checked on the barramundi 460. Really a great looking boat!

Which shipyard is bulding for you and where are they located? Can your share with me some idea about expected pricing comparing to Tournier/Soubise?

Regards Jan
    Where did you locate the Barramundi 460?
    The Siri Lanka shipyard building w/o a webpage?

Dear Bob

The shipyard is indeed located in Sri Lanka
    It is our own yard even the buildings are ours and paid for
    We have 4 Europeans and about 80 Sri lankees working for us

The difference between us and other boats designed by Le Rouge are multiple
    One of the big differences is that we build in Epoxy vacuum infusion
    This makes our boats much lighter and stronger then must of our competition
    We don't use Jell-coat
    Also the labor cost in Sri Lanka makes it possible for us to finch the boats at a quality level that would be very difficult to obtain in Europe
    On every boat we spend more the 10.000 hours

Frank Hillen
    www.barramundi-boats.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast