Thread: Fastcat quality problems

Default Fastcat quality problems

For those who don't follow the extremely well written blog by the owners of Butterfly, here is a short excerpt from their latest installment. (http://butterflyandbarnacle.wordpress.com/)

Quote: This week alone we’ve cured five leaks, numerous patches of veneer water wicking, the galley fridge saltwater supply problem and, as mentioned last post – got the Mastervolt Inverter remote switch working properly again. One persistent leak that has proved frustratingly hard to source, let alone cure – and which has driven me nuts with the dank smell it generates throughout one hull – is, as of today, 11.30 am, Thursday 25th June2009, now officially off that TBF List. Hallelujah and praises be! But then perhaps only another boat owner would understand how curing an elusive, persistent leak, properly and permanently, makes the sun shine brighter and the heart sing.

And the great thing is, as we re-seal, re-fit and re-plumb – and apply sealant and/or gaskets where originally there was neither (was it ignorance or laziness, AfricanCats?) – so little by little, Butterfly is coming into her own.

But hey, that’s not to get cocky –
    Unquote.

It doesn't sound like the Fastcat company are competent, nor offering any kind of after sales service, - what a surprise?

I wonder if the company owner has the "cojones" to answer here, or does he think that lying low is the best tactic in resolving issues by his incompetent boatyard?

Alan

Default Re: Fastcat quality problems

The more I read the less I am getting surprised.

I understand to a point, those that have commissioned a build over 12 months ago and have handed over good cash as part of the deal, but any one who has placed an order within the last 8 to 10 months if they have read the goings on, must be mad, but unfortunately these people may have not seen the posts he has made and then those people questioing his integrity and getting lies as his response.

People and builders like this give the industry a bad name and tar good ethical builders with the same brush, it is a real shame.

They should be named and shamed. and the good ones put on a pedestal

The owners of Butterfly and Barnacle continue with their experience of their (http://butterflyandbarnacle.wordpress.com/), Fastcat RIB.

Quote: the rib is out of commission (again) – if you drop in here regularly, you already know about the problems trying to even paddle the thing. In short, we’re boatbound. Which is another reason to hole up in a marina for a while so we can go about our shore-based business without relying on water taxis.- Unquote:

Fastcat treats the public like mushrooms... jono
    Last edited by jono; 2nd July 2009 at 04:24 AM.

Quoted by a Mark on a forum over there, this treasure:
    If my brains fell out and I decided to buy a cat I would certainly look very closely at one...He's a mono man, giving critic on a 44'Lagoon

Then we get the SuperHero replying with his unbiased critic:
    Hallo Dirk , they are extremely slow , have a small weight to sail area ratio but are strong build and good cruisers if you have time on your hands.
    Greetings

Gideon
    Gee, and they give and they give licences out in cereal packets...jono
    Last edited by jono; 2nd July 2009 at 05:08 AM. Reason: space

As we all know I have been banned from CF as has the boss, but it does not stop me reading all the bullshit as and when it is posted there, especially the one in the Vendors Forum about the New Fastcat 455 (been going sometime I hasten to add) where if you read Butterfly and Barnacles blog http://butterflyandbarnacle.wordpress.com/ you will see where Greetings is implying that the faults are down to Karen and Dick.

Where does this guy get all his front from, I find it demeaning and belittling to people of not only Karen and Dick's intelligence but also everyone else apart from a few gullible people (I mean those placed within the last 6 months)who may still place orders for his boats, he reckons he has orders for 2 very, very light weight 605's hmmmmmmmmm (not only hmmmm ing about the orders but also the weight , I wonder, more like 2 enquiries :

IMO the guy is an insult to the world of boat builders, why can't he be honest and admit faults and rectify them, at least he would get some credibilty for that, because no one is perfect.

By the way I keep clicking on his advert on CF, I assume this is a free link for him

On the boat, right now Costa Rica, Golfito

There are vendors of snake oil in every profession......i2f

I'm getting a little nervous, his all too quiet!! what's gunn'a happen next, the 605 'slowpussie' is extended to 655, maybe?...jono

Jono

Keep up the good work on

Well all poor old Dick and Karen, more crap workmanship http://butterflyandbarnacle.wordpress.com/ , what else will they find.

I don't know them never met or spoken to them, but I do feel for them, hopefully they will eventually sort out all the inadequacies made by African Cats and be able to enjoy their boat.

On the boat, right now Costa Rica, Golfito

This couple are first class. I feel bad for them....FASTCAT = AS THE PROPERLLER TURNS..........i2f

Ian, I really miss you and jelly, I just got to the 'not nice place' and...gee it's not the same mate, still i2f there with the rest of the gang....jono
    fastcat=now you see it, now you don't, now you see it....

I am sorry but for legal reasons the poster has requested that I delete this post.
    ForumAdmin